Bertha Bartlett Public Library
Available from Bertha Bartlett Public Library:
Log on to a computer, and enjoy free, unlimited access to interactive skill-building courses in math, reading, and writing as well as a broad range of practice tests based on official exams such as the ACT, SAT, GED, ASVAB Core, and EMT Basic, as well as firefighter, police officer, paramedic, Allied Healthcare, U.S. Citizenship, postal worker, cosmetology, and real estate agent and broker exams. This valuable service is available 24/7 from any Internet-enabled computer—in your library and even from your home!
Enjoy these programs at the library!
- Memory Makers Storytellers' Guild. The Memory Makers Storytellers' Guild meets the fourth Wednesday of every month from 11:30 to 12:30. The meeting is open to all. Bring a lunch and listen to the memories and, maybe, share some memories of your own!
- KOOL (Kids Of Our Library) is a program for kids in kindergarten through fourth grade. KOOL meets every Tuesday from 4-5 pm and includes a snack, a craft, activities and book talks.
- Preschool Storytime is for toddlers and preschoolers. The program is every Thursday at 10:30 am and includes stories, songs, action rhymes and a craft.
- Bartlett Book Club meets monthly on the 4th Tuesday from 2 to 3 pm. The group is open to the public, but please let us know if you are interested so we can make copies of the monthly read available to everybody.
- Stitch 'n' Knit meets weekly on Fridays at 10 am. Bring your own project and enjoy an hour of fun, sharing stories with fellow stitchers.
Please watch this page for additional details about special programs. You can also "like" us on Facebook for regular updates about all our programs, new materials and other news from the library!
Our library board agendas, minutes and figures are now available for your review on this website! Click on the "About Us" tab. Choose Library Board from the left menu, then click on Board Packets. We'll post a link to each month's library board agenda, the minutes and other related reports.
Taking Care of Your Library Books
Please take a moment to read through our tips on taking care of your library books. Our goal is to keep all of our books available to you as long as possible. But we need your help to keep our books safe from water damage, pets and other disasters. Read more here.
Gilbert Library - A BBPL Branch
We are located at 207 Main Street (1 block north of City Hall, or two buildings down from The Open Flame). Our Gilbert location is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 7:30 pm and Saturdays from 10 to 12.
Note: We do not have a book drop at our Gilbert location yet, so please be vigilant about due dates. A temporary drop is located at Ace Credit Union. You may also call 515-232-0087 to renew your books. We are hoping to have a drop on-site early in the new year.
For more information send us e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 515-733-2685.
The 2012-13 Bertha Bartlett Public Library Staff:
Seated front (l to r): Diane Tjaden, Patricia Sawyer
Middle row (l t r): Assistant Director Denise Froehlich, Kim Fink, Rachelle Gruwell, Angie Stover
Back row (l to r): Director Kolleen Taylor, Children's Director Julia Humphrey
Not pictured Cynthia Van Gerpen-Henn (Gilbert Library Aide)