Bertha Bartlett Public Library
Summer Reading 2014 at BBPL:
- Wee Read, for babies and toddlers, meets on Mondays at 4 pm from June 2 to July 21.
- Preschool Storytime, for toddlers and preschoolers, meets Tuesday or Thursday at 10:30 am, from June 3 to July 24.
- KOOL (Kids Of Our Library) is a program for kids in kindergarten through fourth grade. KOOL meets every Tuesday at 1 pm from June 3 to July 22.
- Tween Team, for 5th-7th graders, meets on Wednesdays at 10:30 am from June 4 to July 23.
- New this year: Story County Tween Readers Book Club, for 5th-7th graders, meets on Wednesdays at 11:30 for about 20 minutes. Begins June 4, ends when we've read the whole book. Pre-registration is required to ensure a book for each participant.
- Bertha B Teens, for 7th graders and up, meets on Wednesdays at 1 pm from June 4 to July 9.
- Bartlett Book Club meets monthly on the 4th Tuesday from 2 to 3 pm. The group is open to the public, but please let us know if you are interested so we can make copies of the monthly read available to everybody.
- Stitch 'n' Knit meets weekly on Fridays at 10 am. Bring your own project and enjoy an hour of fun, sharing stories with fellow stitchers.
- Memory Makers Storytellers' Guild. The Memory Makers Storytellers' Guild meets the fourth Thursday of every month at 2 pm at Timberland Village in Story City. The meeting is open to all.
Please watch this page for additional details about special programs. You can also "like" us on Facebook for regular updates about all our programs, new materials and other news from the library!
Available from Bertha Bartlett Public Library:
LearningExpress 3.0 - Free Online Educational & Professional Resources from Your Library!
LearningExpress Library is an interactive online learning platform featuring over 770 practice tests, tutorials, and eBooks related to job search and workplace skills improvement, career certification and licensing exam preparation, college entrance and graduate school admissions exam preparation, GED exam preparation, and basic skills improvement in reading, writing, and math, for all ages. You'll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results.
Our library board agendas, minutes and figures are now available for your review on this website! Click on the "About Us" tab. Choose Library Board from the left menu, then click on Board Packets. We'll post a link to each month's library board agenda, the minutes and other related reports.
Taking Care of Your Library Books
Please take a moment to read through our tips on taking care of your library books. Our goal is to keep all of our books available to you as long as possible. But we need your help to keep our books safe from water damage, pets and other disasters. Read more here.
Gilbert Library - A BBPL Branch
We are located at 207 Main Street (1 block north of City Hall, or two buildings down from The Open Flame). Our Gilbert location is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 7:30 pm and Saturdays from 10 to 12.
Note: We now have a book drop at our Gilbert location! Or you may call 515-232-0087 to renew your books.
For more information send us e-mail at email@example.com or call at 515-733-2685.
The 2014 Bertha Bartlett Public Library Staff:
Seated front (l to r): Director Kolleen Taylor
Seated second row (l to r): Assistant Director Denise Froehlich, Children's Librarian Julia Humprhey
Back row (l to r): Patricia Sawyer, Shelly Gruwell, Angie Stover, Christie Struecker, Kim Fink, Diane Tjaden
Not pictured Cynthia Van Gerpen-Henn (Gilbert Library Aide)