Bertha Bartlett Public Library
Available from Bertha Bartlett Public Library:
New: LearningExpress 3.0 - Free Online Educational & Professional Resources from Your Library!
LearningExpress Library is an interactive online learning platform featuring over 770 practice tests, tutorials, and eBooks related to job search and workplace skills improvement, career certification and licensing exam preparation, college entrance and graduate school admissions exam preparation, GED exam preparation, and basic skills improvement in reading, writing, and math, for all ages. You'll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results.
Click here to finish any previously accessed tests, tutorials or eBooks on LearningExpress Library 2.0. Your access to version 2.0 will end soon. Please see your librarian for details.
Celebrate Bertha Bartlett Public Library's 20th Birthday!
The Bertha Bartlett Public Library is celebrating 20 years in our building at 503 Broad Street this year! We are planning special events throughout the year to commemorate our birthday. What better way to kick off the celebration than with reading?! We’re challenging our patrons to read up to 20 books that were published in each year between 1994 and 2014. The challenge starts on January 15 and ends on May 15. Reading logs are available at the Circulation Desk.
Regular programs at the library:
- Preschool Storytime is for toddlers and preschoolers. The program is every Thursday at 10:30 am. Kids enjoy stories, songs, action rhymes and a craft.
- KOOL (Kids Of Our Library) is a program for kids in kindergarten through fourth grade. KOOL meets every Tuesday from 4-5 pm and includes a snack, a craft, activities and book talks.
- Tween Team, for 5th-7th graders, meets every Roland-Story Early-Out day from 2-3 pm.
- Teen Group, for 7th graders and up, meets every Roland-Story Early-Out day from 3:30-4:30 pm.
- Bartlett Book Club meets monthly on the 4th Tuesday from 2 to 3 pm. The group is open to the public, but please let us know if you are interested so we can make copies of the monthly read available to everybody.
- Stitch 'n' Knit meets weekly on Fridays at 10 am. Bring your own project and enjoy an hour of fun, sharing stories with fellow stitchers.
- Memory Makers Storytellers' Guild. The Memory Makers Storytellers' Guild meets the fourth Wednesday of every month from 11:30 to 12:30. The meeting is open to all. Bring a lunch and listen to the memories and, maybe, share some memories of your own!
Please watch this page for additional details about special programs. You can also "like" us on Facebook for regular updates about all our programs, new materials and other news from the library!
Our library board agendas, minutes and figures are now available for your review on this website! Click on the "About Us" tab. Choose Library Board from the left menu, then click on Board Packets. We'll post a link to each month's library board agenda, the minutes and other related reports.
Taking Care of Your Library Books
Please take a moment to read through our tips on taking care of your library books. Our goal is to keep all of our books available to you as long as possible. But we need your help to keep our books safe from water damage, pets and other disasters. Read more here.
Gilbert Library - A BBPL Branch
We are located at 207 Main Street (1 block north of City Hall, or two buildings down from The Open Flame). Our Gilbert location is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 7:30 pm and Saturdays from 10 to 12.
Note: We now have a book drop at our Gilbert location! Or you may call 515-232-0087 to renew your books.
For more information send us e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 515-733-2685.
The 2012-13 Bertha Bartlett Public Library Staff:
Seated front (l to r): Diane Tjaden, Patricia Sawyer
Middle row (l t r): Assistant Director Denise Froehlich, Kim Fink, Rachelle Gruwell, Angie Stover
Back row (l to r): Director Kolleen Taylor, Children's Director Julia Humphrey
Not pictured Cynthia Van Gerpen-Henn (Gilbert Library Aide), Christie Struecker (Story City/Gilbert Aide)